TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This website may provide you with links to other websites on the Internet (“Linked Websites”). The Linked Websites are not under USEF’s control, and USEF is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Websites, including without limitation the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of the Linked Websites or any links contained therein. These links are provided for your convenience, and do not imply endorsement of the Linked Websites by USEF or any association with the operators of the Linked Websites.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
A description to a product, service or publication on this website (including any description or reference via hyperlink) does not imply endorsement by USEF of that product, service or publication. Products and services offered through this website shall be warranted, if at all, through the written license or warranty provided in connection with such product or service.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
USER’S LIMITED ACCESS
The website may contain communication services such as bulletin boards, chat rooms, news groups, communities, personal web pages, group calendars, electronic mail postings, and other public forums. You agree to post messages only if they are relevant to the intended subject matter of the forum.
You agree that you will not:
- Post messages that are inappropriate, unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, defamatory, libelous, abusive, or a violation of the legal rights (including, without limitation, privacy and publicity rights) of others.
- Violate the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Upload any files containing viruses, corrupted files, or any other component that may be harmful to the operation of another’s computer.
- Improperly assume or claim the identity, characteristics, or qualifications of another person.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
- Use the website for commercial purposes, or post messages that contain advertising or are intended to solicit others to buy or sell services or to make donations.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including, without limitation e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Attempt to gain access to any portion of this website, any computer, server, account, network, software, or hardware associated with this website, from which you are restricted.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
USEF is not obligated to monitor the communications contained on the website. However, USEF may, at its sole discretion edit, decline to post, or remove any information or materials or any portion thereof.
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
USEF makes no representations or warranties that this website is free of defects, viruses or other harmful components. USEF shall not be responsible for any damages or loss that may result from the hacking or infiltration of this website or USEF's computer systems. YOU HAVE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE AND YOU AGREE TO HOLD USEF HARMLESS FROM, AND YOU COVENANT NOT TO SUE USEF FOR, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR LOST DATA, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM USE OF MATERIALS OR CONTENT FROM THIS WEBSITE. The pages on this website may contain technical inaccuracies, outdated information and typographical errors. ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AS A COURTESY. HOWEVER, ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” USEF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. USEF MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED IN OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES; THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL USEF BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES ARISING FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DETERIORATION OR CORRUPTION OF FILES, DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF EMAIL, ERRORS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, AND/OR DELAYS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF USEF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES; USEF’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the website or the associated services, your sole remedy is to cease using them.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless USEF and its employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all liabilities, claims, damages, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of your use of this website, your breach of this agreement, or your infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties.
USEF reserves the right to terminate your access to the website or to any or all of its services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
USEF is pleased to hear from its users. Anything you disclose or offer to us by or through this website ("Communications"), including e-mails to USEF or postings on interactive portions of this website, shall be deemed and shall remain the property of USEF. If you send us such Communications, you are providing it to us on a NON-CONFIDENTIAL BASIS, and we will have no obligation to keep such information secret, to refrain from using such information, or to compensate your for the receipt or use of such Communications. USEF is free to use, for any purpose whatsoever, any Communications, including but not limited to publishing, or developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such Communications. By submitting Communications to us through this website, through e-mail, or through any means, you hereby RELEASE USEF from any liability under any legal theory in connection with the use, modification, sale, or disclosure of any Communications. By uploading or otherwise providing any Communications to this website or USEF, you hereby grant USEF, to the extent you retain any rights, the unlimited, perpetual right to reuse, redistribute, modify and create derivative works from such Communications for any purpose and in any media without compensation, and you warrant that all "moral rights" in uploaded Communications have been waived
USEF’s performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process. Nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of USEF's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests relating to your use of the website, or information collected by USEF in connection with such use.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved exclusively and entirely to USEF. Nothing on this website shall be construed as conferring any license under any intellectual property right, including any right in the nature of trademark or copyright, of USEF or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise noted, USEF is the owner of all trademarks and service marks on this website, whether registered or not.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to our Designated Agent.
PROCEDURE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), USEF has designated an agent to receive notice of unauthorized online use of copyrighted materials. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, please notify our copyright agent specified below.
E-mail may be sent to: (email@example.com
Mail may be sent to:
Director, Information Technology
United States Equestrian Federation, Inc.
4047 Iron Works Parkway
Lexington, KY 40511
Please notify us in writing and include all of the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit USEF to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit USEF to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
This document was last revised on 05/13/2011
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this website © 2011 USEF.
All rights reserved.