Land Rover Enhances Support of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event
RELEASE: April 15, 2013
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
– Land Rover and the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event are increasing their partnership as Land Rover becomes the presenting sponsor of the prestigious equestrian event.
The company will continue to be title sponsor of the Land Rover Tailgate and presenting sponsor of the NBC telecast of the Rolex Equestrian Championships presented by Land Rover. In its new role as presenting sponsor of the event, it will honor the top U.S. rider who comes closest to the optimum time on the cross country course with no jumping penalties by awarding a 24-month lease of a 2013 Range Rover Evoque to the winner of the "Land Rover Best Ride of the Day."
“Land Rover represents premium performance and success," said USEF CEO John Long. "That makes them an ideal partner for the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event. We look forward to their support of the Event and their overall support of the United States Equestrian Federation."
The 2013 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event runs April 25-28 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. America’s only Four Star Three-Day Event, “Rolex Kentucky” features Olympic and FEI World Equestrian Games medalists from Australia, Canada, Ecuador, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand and the United States. The schedule of the NBC telecast of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event will be announced this week.
“Two of the most popular additions to our event in recent years have been the Land Rover Tailgate and Land Rover’s off-road test drive area,” said Darren Ripley, president of Equestrian Events, Inc. (EEI), producer of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event. “Since day one Land Rover has been a wonderful partner and we are thrilled that they are increasing their involvement with the event.”
For the third year in a row the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by Land Rover will offer tailgating on the grounds of the Kentucky Horse Park for attendees to the equestrian competition. Land Rover will host its second annual “Land Rover Tailgate Challenge" on Saturday, April 27, and will award an extensive prize package to the most creative, best-decorated and best-catered Land Rover tailgate party. Land Rover Tailgating passes include six general admission tickets and one reserved parking space near the cross country course on Saturday only.
“A continued partnership with the United States Equestrian Federation and the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event is a perfect fit for our brand” said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover North America. “The venue and set-up of the Rolex event at the Kentucky Horse Park is exemplary and provides a perfect backdrop for us to support the Eventing community and at the same time showcase our latest Land Rover vehicles at what is an exciting and dynamic sporting event.”
Throughout the weekend, guests of the event will have the opportunity to drive the new 2013 Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Evoque and the Land Rover LR4 on a specially designed off-road demonstration course with a trained and experienced driving instructor as co-pilot. The course provides an opportunity for guests to navigate ascents and descents, traverse water and maintain vehicle control in challenging off-road settings. Rolex Kentucky will also be one of the first opportunities for attendees to view the recently unveiled all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport, which will be on display at the venue.
To learn more about the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event visit: www.rk3de.org
For sponsorship information please contact Scott Carling at email@example.com
For more information about Land Rover, visit: www.us.media.landrover.com
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its' clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover product is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
• Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry’s drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
• As the UK’s largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
• In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
• Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.