Land Rover Renews Support of the United States Equestrian Federation
RELEASE: April 11, 2013
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
- Land Rover North America and the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) announced today that they will continue their longstanding partnership through 2016. Land Rover, the leader in world-class sport utility vehicles, will remain the official vehicle sponsor of the USEF as well as title sponsor of the Land Rover United States Eventing Team and the Land Rover Competition and Training Grant Program for Eventing Riders.
"The Land Rover brand is distinguished for combining elegance and power, two traits essential to equestrian sport," said United States Equestrian Federation CEO John Long. "We could not think of a better brand partner in the automobile category and look forward to and appreciate their continued support of the United States Equestrian Federation."
In addition to the grant program, Land Rover will become presenting sponsor and official vehicle of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event, and presenting Sponsor of the NBC telecast of this competition which will air on NBC on Sunday, April 28, 2013 from 4 - 5 PM EST. The 2013 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by Land Rover runs from April 25 - 28 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. This coveted event is critical in the Eventing calendar and will play a large role in developing athletes aiming for the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
"Land Rover is proud to partner with the United States Equestrian Federation, an organization that provides support to a wide range of equestrians including, but not limited to some of the greatest horse-and-rider combinations competing on the International level," said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover North America. "Providing support to Equestrian pursuits and Eventing specifically in the United States provides an opportunity to showcase the Land Rover model line-up in an authentic outdoor setting."
Continuing its support of the Land Rover United States Eventing Team and USEF, Land Rover will carry on the Land Rover Competition and Training Grant Program for Eventing Riders. The Program benefits horse-and-rider combinations, allowing them to compete abroad and gain valuable international experience as they prepare for the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. Grant recipients will be offered assistance at International competitions that will serve as selection trials for the Games.
For more information about Land Rover, visit: www.us.media.landrover.com or www.interactivelandrover.com
For more information about the 2013 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by Land Rover, visit: www.rk3de.org
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its' clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover product is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com
About Jaguar Land Rover
* Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
* As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
* In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
* Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
* Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
* Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.