Nine Horse Shows Receive USEF Heritage Competition Honor
RELEASE: September 27, 2012
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
- The United States Equestrian Federation Board of Directors, at its recent Mid-Year Meeting, considered nine applications for USEF Heritage Competition status. The following competitions were granted the highest honor currently held by Federation horse shows:
• Keswick Horse Show
• Upperville Colt & Horse Show
• Fairfield County Hunt Club June Benefit Horse Show
• Waterloo Hunt Horse Show
• Menlo Charity Horse Show
• Warrenton Horse Show
• Portuguese Bend National Horse Show
• Buffalo International Horse Show
• St. Louis National Charity Horse Show
The designation of a USEF Heritage Competition is reserved for competitions that have been in existence for a quarter-century or more, promoted and grown equestrian sport, and made contributions to the community outside the gates of the horse show by achieving, maintaining, and promoting the equestrian ideals of sportsmanship and competition.
"On behalf of the United States Equestrian Federation, I would like to congratulate the nine shows that were appointed USEF Heritage Competitions at the Mid-Year Meeting of our Board of Directors," said USEF Chief Executive Officer John Long. "These shows have become a part of the fabric of the American showing scene. With their endurance, dedication to philanthropic efforts and impact on their communities, they are perfect examples of what we look for when designating Heritage Competitions."
The newly entitled shows join five existing Heritage Competitions - the Pin Oak Horse Show I, the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show, the Hampton Classic, the Deep Run Horse Show and the Devon Horse Show.
The specific requirements of a Heritage Competition can be found in the USEF Rule Book, GR301.6 or at www.usef.org/documents/ruleBook/2009/GeneralRules/Chapter%203.pdf
Interested competitions may apply for Heritage Competition designation by completing the form available at www.usef.org/documents/competitions/2009/HeritageApplication.pdf