American Morgan Horse Association Board Passes Registry Rule Change
RELEASE: March 11, 2010
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: By Chris Koliander
At the February American Morgan Horse Association (AMHA) Board of Directors meeting, upon recommendation by the AMHA Registry Committee, the Registry Rules and Regulations Rule 9, Section 4-Lease Agreements, were amended to read the following:
Rule 9, Required Reports
Section 4 Lease Agreements
A. Notice of all lease agreements must be correctly provided on an official Register Notice of Lease Agreement Form and filed with the Register with the following:
1. Registration name and number of the horse being leased.
2. Names and addresses of lessor(s) and lessee(s) clearly typed or printed.
3. Beginning and termination dates of the lease. If termination date is "until further notice," so state.
4. All markings, coat color, and other marks of identity of the horse being leased.
5. The personal signatures of the lessor(s) and lessee(s).
B. The applicable fee must accompany the Notice of Lease Form.
C. Upon termination of any lease, the owner or lessee shall notify the Register in writing of the termination.
AMHA's Registry Rules and Regulations did not include a rule outlining who could terminate a Notice of Lease Agreement. An internal policy was in place; however, it was felt that it should be written into the rules. In addition, some of the wording needed to be corrected to ensure parties understood that the Notice of Lease Agreement form was not an actual lease agreement. AMHA will notify both parties involved when the AMHA Register receives written notification of the termination of lease from the owner or lessee.