International Equestrian Federation Launches New Global Awards
RELEASE: August 20, 2009
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: By Malina Gueorguiev
The International Equestrian Federation (FEI) is proud to announce the launch of the first ever FEI Awards set up to celebrate the equestrian community and pay tribute to the heroes of the sport.
“The awards have been created to put the spotlight on all those who have contributed to the progress and excellence of equestrian sport,” said HRH Princess Haya, President of the FEI. “These awards will not only recognize the achievements and success of individuals and highlight the stars of today and tomorrow, but they will also bring together all those involved in the sport around the world.”
The FEI hopes that these awards and the surrounding ceremony will come to be seen as the "Oscars" of the equestrian world. Categories
This year FEI Awards in five categories will be presented:
- Athlete of the Year—to a rider, driver or vaulter who has shown exceptional sportsmanship and prowess;
- Rising Star, supported by HSBC—to a rider between the ages of 14 and 21 who has not only demonstrated significant talent but also love of the sport, commitment and practice;
- Development, supported by Alltech—for a development project, individual or organization that has shown exceptional skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport.
- Against All Odds—to celebrate a disabled rider of any age who has demonstrated that disability is no hindrance to sporting proficiency.
- Groom of the Year—to the often uncelebrated yet important person who works behind the scenes. Nominations
Nominations are open to all the members of the equestrian community and will be done online through the dedicated website, www.feiawards.org
. Click now and nominate all those whose talent should be acknowledged and celebrated.
The winners will be selected by an international judging panel chaired by the FEI President. Prize-Giving Ceremony
The 2009 FEI Awards will be presented to the winning candidates on November 21 at the gala dinner held on the occasion of the annual FEI General Assembly. This year’s event will take place in the Danish capital Copenhagen.
For additional information, please visit www.feiawards.org