The World Games 2010 Foundation Announces Competitors for Kentucky Cup Vaulting Test Event
RELEASE: July 28, 2009
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: By Amy Walker
Eight countries will go head to head at the Kentucky Horse Park to compete in Kentucky Cup Vaulting, the official test event of the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
The CVI* and CVI** events will feature vaulters from Canada, Denmark, Italy, South Africa, Australia, Argentina, China and the United States. The vaulters will compete individually and in teams and will complete compulsory and freestyle rounds. Many of the athletes participating in the test event have also competed in previous FEI World Equestrian Games as well as National and World Championships. Notables include:
• Ali Davita: 2008/2009 U.S. National Champion–USA
• Megan Benjamin: 2006 WEG Gold Medalist—USA
• Mary McCormick: 2007 U.S. National Champion–USA
• Annalise VanVranken: 2006 WEG Team Silver Medalist, 2008 World Championships Team Bronze Medalist—USA
• Kenny Geisler and Eric Martonovitch: U.S. National Men’s Individual Team Members–USA
• Colin Schmidt—Canada
• Mikkel Vandrup –Denmark
• Ling Yang - China
The Kentucky Cup Vaulting test event will be held July 30 through August 2 in the new indoor arena at the Kentucky Horse Park. Competition will begin daily at 8 a.m. and will resume in the afternoon at 1 p.m. Admission is free to the public, and parking is $3 during the day and $5 after 5 p.m. Doors will open one hour prior to competition.