Mexico to Start FEI Nations Cup Friday Night, February 27
RELEASE: February 25, 2009
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Brian Sosby
Mexico will be the first of eight teams to start in the FEI Nations Cup presented by CN at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center Friday night, February 27.
A sellout crowd is expected to pack the newly created spectator sections of the International Arena in which the only Nations Cup in the United States will be held under lights beginning at 6:30 p.m. The first horse is scheduled to be in the ring at 7 p.m. for the event, which is a highlight of the FTI Winter Equestrian Festival that runs to March 29.
A night of festivities for all age groups has been planned for what is one of the most emotional and passionate events on the equestrian calendar anywhere in the world. National groups have reserved blocks of seats. Ireland will fill the two-story Tiki Hut, the Red and White Club of Canada an entire block of 200 seats and others have joined to support their teams.
Entertainment will include bands and national dance groups, a bounce house, face painting, mascots and more.
Prices for tickets, available online at http://equestriansport.com or at (561) 793-5867 are:
- Reserved box seats $60 plus tax
- Reserved General Admission $25 plus tax
- Wellington Club tables seating six (20 available) $750 plus tax, includes full buffet with cash bar.
Tiki Hut balcony tables of eight seats available for $600 plus sales tax by phone order only.
A limited number of Box Tables for six in front of the International Club are available, call Annette Goyette at (561) 793-5867.
For International Club Tables, contact Kiki Umla at (904) 607-5541.
At Tuesday’s meeting the chefs d’equipe, the order of go by draw was established as:
1. MEXICO - Chef d'Equipe: Ivan Rakowsky
Juan Carlos Perez
2. GREAT BRITAIN - Chef d'Equipe: Derek Ricketts
3. IRELAND - Chef d'Equipe: Robert Splaine
4. VENEZUELA - Chef d'Equipe: Juan Ortiz
5. UNITED STATES - Chef d'Equipe: George H. Morris
6. ARGENTINA - Chef d'Equipe: Carlos Quinones
7. FRANCE - Chef d'Equipe: Henri Prudent
8. CANADA - Chef d'Equipe: Terrance Millar
The 2008 FEI Nations Cup was won by the U.S., with Canada second and Mexico third. The U.S. team went on to win Gold, and Canada the Silver, at the Beijing Olympics.