Dates and Locations Released for 2009 USEF Dressage Championships
RELEASE: October 22, 2008
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Joanie Morris
Lexington, KY – The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) has determined the following dates and locations for the 2009 USEF Dressage Championships:
• Markel/USEF Young Horse Dressage Central Selection Trial: May 15 – 17, 2009, Dressage at Lamplight May, Wayne, IL
• Markel/USEF Young Horse Dressage Western Selection Trial: May 22 – 24, 2009, Dressage at Flintridge, Flintridge-La Canada, CA
• Markel/USEF Young Horse Dressage Eastern Selection Trial: May 29 – 31, 2009, Capital Dressage Classic, Raleigh, NC
• Collecting Gaits Farm/USEF Dressage Festival of Champions, including the National Dressage Championships for the Grand Prix, Intermediaire I, Young Adult “Brentina Cup”, Young Rider, & Junior divisions: June 18 – 21, 2009, USET Foundation Headquarters, Gladstone, NJ
• USEF Dressage Seat Medal Finals (presented by Dressage Today®): July 17 – 19, 2009, Lamplight Equestrian Center, Wayne, IL
• USEF National Developing Horse Dressage Championship (sponsored by the Dutta Corporation & Performance Sales Int’l) and the Markel/USEF National Young Horse Dressage Championships (presented by Collecting Gaits Farm): August 21 – 23, 2009, Lamplight Equestrian Center, Wayne, IL
Complete selection procedures for all divisions included in the Festival of Champions are posted on the National and High Performance dressage programs pages of the USEF website, www.usef.org, and qualifying is now underway.
As a reminder for 2009, the age range for the “Brentina Cup” division has been expanded to include riders ages 20 through 28.
Criteria and new tests for the Young and Developing Horse divisions are now being finalized and will be posted by the end of the year (qualifying begins January 1st).
For more information about USEF High Performance Dressage Programs, please contact Gil Merrick, Managing Director of Dressage & High Performance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 225-6913. For information regarding national dressage programs, please contact Jennifer Keeler, National Director of Dressage, at email@example.com or (859) 225-2024.