Nation’s Top Dressage Horses & Riders Invited to the USEF Selection Trials for Dressage at Collecting Gaits Farm/USEF Dressage Festival of Champions
RELEASE: June 4, 2008
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Joanie Morris
Lexington, KY - As per the Olympic Selection Procedures, the USEF is extending an invitation to the top
Veteran Olympians Debbie McDonald and Brentina (Bob Langrish)
dressage horse/rider combinations in the U.S. to participate in the 2008 USEF National Grand Prix Dressage Championship/USEF Selection Trials for the U.S. Olympic Team in Dressage. These horse/rider combinations are the top 12 from the 2008 USEF Grand Prix Dressage and Selection Trials Ranking List as of June 2, 2008.
The following combinations have been invited (in ranked order):
1. Debbie Mc Donald / 53 / Hailey, ID / Brentina / M / 17 / Hanoverian / Peggy Thomas
2. Steffen Peters/ 43 / San Diego, CA / Ravel / G / 10 / KWPN / Akiko Yamazaki
3. Courtney King / 30 / New Milford, CT / Idocus / S / 18 / Royal Dutch Warmblood / Christine McCarthy
4. Sue Blinks / 50 / Encinitas, CA / Mark / G / 14 / KWPN / Louise Leatherdale
5. Debbie Mc Donald / 53 / Hailey, ID / Felix / G / 12 / Hanoverian / Peggy Thomas
6. Steffen Peters/ 43 / San Diego, CA / Lombardi 11 / 17 / Holsteiner / Akiko Yamazaki
7. Courtney King / 30 / New Milford, CT / Harmony’s Mythillus / 14 / Royal Dutch Warmblood / Leslie Malone
8. Michael Barisone / 43 / Califon, NJ / Neruda / 13 / G / Royal Dutch Warmblood / Jane Suwalsky
9. Kristina Harrison-Naness / 36 / Burbank, CA / Rociero XV / S / 13 / Andalusian / Margaret Carrera
10. Leslie Morse / 46 / Beverly Hills, CA / Kingston / 16 / S / Royal Dutch Warmblood / Leslie Morse
11. Lisa Wilcox / 41 / Loxahatchee, FL / Naomi / 13 / M / Royal Dutch Warmblood / Janet Bell
12T. George Williams / 52 / Delaware, OH / Rocher / 17 / M / Westphalian / Charles Smith
12T. Heather Blitz / 38 / Denmark / Otto / 12 / G / Danish Warmblood / Heather Blitz
This Championship will be held during the Collecting Gaits Farm/USEF Dressage Festival of Champions in San Juan Capistrano, CA on June 21-22 and June 27-29. This unique championship festival will also award National Championship titles for the Intermediaire I, Young Adult “Brentina Cup”, Young Rider, and Junior divisions. The USEF would like to congratulate all qualified horses and riders, and invitations for the top 12 horse/rider combinations in each division have been distributed with final ranking lists are now posted on the Federation website, http://www.usef.org/contentPage2.aspx?id=dressagefestival.
For more information please contact USEF Director of Dressage – National Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.