USEF Announces Changes to the Computer List for Show Jumping
RELEASE: January 11, 2008
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Joanie Morris
Lexington, KY - The United States Equestrian Federation has approved the following modifications to the Selection Procedures for CSIO/CSI Competitions, aka “the USEF Computer List”. These changes will become effective on January 15, 2008.
The following additions or changes have been made to the selection procedures:
• The results of European CSI2*s will now be included.
• An exception for FEI Table C and USEF Table III classes will be made to the criteria, which currently states that horses/riders finishing below 12th place and with more than four faults would receive no points. The exception is that in FEI Table C’s and USEF Table III’s, horses/riders will be awarded points on placings only, not faults.
• In the case of events for which a rider must qualify, language has been added to the Selection Procedures to include competitions which offer more than one qualifying class, in order to determine the class’ Natural Multiplier, “the Natural Multiplier for the Grand Prix will be calculated based on the value of all of the horse/rider combinations competing in the Qualifying Classes.”
• The value of Super League Nations Cups will be determined first by calculating the class’ Natural Multiplier, next applying the Prize Money Co-Efficient, and lastly using a Technical Co-Efficient of 1.4.
• The value of other Nations Cups will be determined first by calculating the class’ Natural Multiplier, next applying the Prize Money Co-Efficient, and lastly using a Technical Co-Efficient of 1.2.
• The value of Selection Trials for the Olympic Games will be a minimum of 6, unless it is greater using the following system: the class’ Natural Multiplier will be determined first, the Prize Money Co-Efficient will be applied next, and lastly using a Technical Co-Efficient of 1.4.
• For horse/rider combinations finishing the first round with a score of 4 faults or less, the value of North American World Cup Qualifiers will be a minimum of 3. Points for all other horse/rider combinations in the Qualifier will be computed using the Natural Multiplier, with adjustments for the appropriate Prize Money and/or Technical Co-Efficient (Since this represents a significant modification, the Computer List Task Force will review it again in six months – no later than July 1, 2008 - for consideration to either continue this system or revert back to the previous one).
• The value of World Cup Qualifiers outside North America will be the class’ Natural Multiplier, with adjustments for the appropriate Prize Money and/or Technical Co-Efficient.
The complete Selection Procedures for CSIO/CSI Competitions can be found on the website: http://www.usef.org/documents/highPerformance/showJumping/csioSelectionProcedures.pdf
For more information please contact Lizzy Chesson, USEF Director of Show Jumping High Performance Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908.326.1166.