National Horse Show and Family Festival Welcome Parties at Bainbridge Farm and Deeridge Farm to Kick Off Season in Wellington
RELEASE: November 15, 2007
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: By Phelp Media Group
The 124th National Horse Show and Family Festival marks the start of the equestrian season in Wellington, and the accompanying festivities mark the start of the social season as well. Both Bainbridge Farm and Deeridge Farm will host cocktail parties to get the season underway during the week of the National Horse Show.
The National Horse Show and Family Festival is an age-old tradition for the equestrian world and features some of the best hunter, jumper and dressage competition in the world. The show is held at the Palm Beach Polo and Equestrian Club in Wellington, FL, and will run from December 5-9, 2007.
On December 5, Richard Schechter and Jennifer Reid, members of the National Horse Show Association and the Ladies Committee, respectively, will host the National Horse Show Welcome Party at Bainbridge Farm. The evening event is by invitation only for competitors, officials and VIP table holders and will include cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
The following evening, December 6, Mr. and Mrs. Jeremy Jacobs will play host to another party at their Deeridge Farm in Wellington. This event is also a cocktail party and is by invitation only.
One of the best aspects of these parties is the mix of hunter, jumper, dressage and polo people all at one event alongside the dignitaries of Wellington, including the mayor and members of the Wellington Council. These charming evenings allow long-time friends to get reacquainted—the majority of attendees are part-time residents who flock to Florida from across the nation, and international locations as well, for the winter season, with the earliest of birds arriving for the National.124th National Horse Show and Family Festival Fast Facts
WHEN: December 5-9, 2007
HOURS: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 8 a.m. to approximately 6 p.m. Friday: 8 a.m. to approximately 10 p.m.
WHERE: Palm Beach Polo Equestrian Club, Wellington, FL
- The $5,000 Palm Beach Post
National Welcome Stake, CSI (December 5)
- The $15,000 NHS Speed Classic, CSI (December 6)
- The Zada Enterprises, LLC, 6th Annual Dressage at the National (December 7-9)
- The $25,000 NHS Jumper Classic for the Rolex/USEF National Show Jumping Championship, presented by Equine Motorcoach, CSI (December 7-evening competition)
- The $25,000 National Horse Show Hunter Championship (December 8)
- The $10,000 NHS Speed Stake, CSI (December 8)
- The $15,000 Show Jumping Hall of Fame Series Junior and Amateur-Owner Jumper National Finals (December 9)
- The $80,000 Young Jumper Championships International Finals (December 9)
- The $100,000 NHS Grand Prix FEI World Cup™ for the Rolex/USEF National Show Jumping Championship, presented by Equine Motorcoach, (December 9)
Exhibitions and Special Events:
- "Jumping Under the Stars" Gala (December 7, evening)
- Children's Fair (December 8-9, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Wellington Chamber Business Showcase 2007 in Grand Hunter Ring (December 8, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.)
SPONSORED CLASSES & PRIZE MONEY:
- $155,000 FEI International Jumper section
- $125,000 Rolex/USEF National Show Jumping Championship, presented by Equine Motorcoach
- $80,000 Young Jumper Championships® International
- $20,000 Palm Beach Daily News
Amateur-Owner Jumper division
- $20,000 ASPCA Junior Jumper division
- $11,000 Pasmore Stables Adult Amateur Jumper division
- $11,000 Martha Jolicoeur P.A. Illustrated Properties Children's Jumper division
- $11,000 Bainbridge Farm Adult Amateur Working Hunter divisions
- $5,500 Reflection Farms Green Conformation Hunter division
- $5,500 Moxie Equestrian, Inc., Regular Conformation Hunter division
- $5,500 Tara Management Amateur-Owner 18-35 Working Hunter division
- $5,500 Kilkenny Amateur-Owner Over 35 Working Hunter division
- $5,500 William Barlow Redfern R