AAEP Healthy Horses Workshop to Feature Olympian David O’Connor
RELEASE: October 4, 2007
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: By Sally J. Baker
The AAEP’s Healthy Horses Workshop, an event designed for non-veterinarians interested in equine health care and featuring leading veterinary experts delivering the latest news and advances in horse health, will be held Saturday, December 1, in Kissimmee, FL.
Now in its eighth year, the event will feature seminars and demonstrations addressing horse health topics that are important to horse owners, as well as a special demonstration by Olympian David O’Connor.
The topics and speakers for the event are:
- Equine Dental Care: What Every Horse Owner Should Know - Rob Arnott, BSc, DVM
- Acupuncture & Chiropractic: The Science Behind It and How It Helps Your Horse (demonstration) - Heather Heiderich, DVM
- How Horses Learn: The Science of Natural Horsemanship - Jennifer MacLeay, DVM, DACVIM, PhD
- One-Step Horsemanship: The Sensible Approach To Horse Handling (demonstration)- David Hayes, DVM
- David O’Connor: A Revealing Look Into the Makings of a Champion (demonstration)- David O’Connor
For a complete schedule, visit the Horse Owner section of www.aaep.org
This year’s afternoon horse demonstration, titled “David O’Connor: A Revealing Look Into the Makings of a Champion” featuring Olympian and USEF President David O’Connor, will give attendees a look into his past experiences and amazing accomplishments while he demonstrates the horsemanship skills needed to handle both the green horse and experienced horse. David O’ Connor is sponsored by EQUUS.
The Healthy Horses Workshop, held in conjunction with the AAEP’s 53rd Annual Convention, will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Osceola Heritage Park, Kissimmee Valley Livestock Show Pavilion. The pre-registration fee through November 7 is $75; on-site registration will be $90 with lunch included in the cost of registration. To register, visit the Horse Owner section of the AAEP web site at www.aaep.org
. You also may register for this event by calling the AAEP office at (800) 443-0177. The Healthy Horses Workshop is made possible in part through the generous support of the AAEP’s educational and media partners.