U.S. Names Eventing Squad for 2007 Pan American Games
RELEASE: June 14, 2007
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sarah Evers
Lexington, KY - The USEF Executive Committee announced on June 11 that the following combinations have been named to the Eventing Squad, which will represent the United States at the 2007 Pan American Games, July 13-29, 2007, to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Stephen Bradley/44/Leesburg, VA/From/Gelding/Russian Thoroughbred/14/Charlotte Harris
- Mara Dean/33/Round Hill, VA/Nicki Henley/Gelding/Irish Sport Horse/12/Willow Bend Farm, LLC
- Phillip Dutton/43/West Grove, PA/Connaught/Gelding/Irish Sport Horse/14/Bruce Duchossois
- Gina Miles/33/Creston, CA/McKinlaigh/Gelding/Irish Sport Horse/13/Thomas Schulz and Laura Coats
- Bonnie Mosser/44/Unionville, PA/Merloch/Gelding/New Zealand Thoroughbred-cross/10/Bonnie Mosser
- Karen O’Connor/48/The Plains, VA/Theodore O’Connor/Gelding/Thoroughbred-cross/12/The Theodore O’Connor Syndicate
Before the First Horse Inspection, four of these combinations will be named to the team and the other two will represent the U.S. as individuals.
The following combinations have been named as alternates (in alphabetical order):
- Kristin Bachman/34/The Plains, VA/Gryffindor/Gelding/Thoroughbred/13/Kristin Bachman
- Darren Chiacchia/42/Springville, NY/Better I Do It/Gelding/Swedish Warmblood/14/Adrienne Iorio
- Phillip Dutton/43/West Grove, PA/Truluck/Gelding/Thoroughbred/10/Ann Jones and Shannon Stimson
- Will Faudree/25/Southern Pines, NC/Antigua/Gelding/Australian Thoroughbred/18/Will Faudree
- Bonnie Mosser/44/Unionville, PA/Close The Deal/Gelding/Dutch Warmblood/Thoroughbred-cross/13/Rebecca Polan
- Karen O’Connor/48/The Plains, VA/Allstar/Gelding/Thoroughbred/11/Rebecca Broussard
The horses and riders will train at Stonehall Farm in The Plains, VA, beginning June 24, and enter quarantine in Ocala, FL, on July 1. The six horses that will ship to Brazil will leave from Miami, FL, on July 11.
For more information, please contact High Performance Communications Manager Joanie Morris at (859) 225-2052 or email@example.com