Saddle Seat World Cup Video Contest Now Open
RELEASE: May 1, 2014
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
- The United States Equestrian Federation is announcing an exciting contest for Saddle Seat riders, sponsored by Freedman's Harness and Saddlery.
From today, May 1, through May 19, contestants are asked to create a short video that answers the question, "What would it mean to you to be on a Saddle Seat World Cup team?"
From the submitted videos, a panel of judges will select 10 finalists. Those ten finalists will be announced on June 2, and for 15 days the general public will have the chance to pick their favorites. On June 16, the video that earned the most likes (on a special USEF Network contest page) will be declared the winner.
The winner of the Saddle Seat World Cup Video Contest will be presented with a saddle from Freedman's Harness and Saddlery at the 2014 Saddle Seat World Cup held July 22-25, 2014 in Asheville, N.C. Second and third place videos will also be recognized at the event.
See below for eligibility and requirements:
• Videos should be amateur filmed (they can be creative, and edited, but they should be done by the entrant).
• Keep all videos under one minute in length.
• A horse must be incorporated into the video in some way, whether riding, walking, grooming, etc.
• Videos should be posted to Dropbox. To enter the contest the Dropbox link must be shared with USEF via the contest entry form at www.usasaddleseatworldcup.org
• Content (40%) - Video meets the objective of the contest and explains what the Saddle Seat World Cup means to the contestant.
• Creativity (20%) - Overall originality, ingenuity and style of the video.
• Effectiveness (20%) - Information is communicated clearly and is compelling.
• Execution (20%) - Overall impression, quality and enjoyment factor of the video.
• The contest is open to U.S. residents.
• Applicants must be between 13 and 18 years of age at time of entry.
• Applicants must not have participated as a member of any Saddle Seat World Cup team. Saddle Seat Young Rider team members may enter but should keep in mind that the focus of this contest is World Cup, not what being part of the Young Rider team meant to them.
Videos must be submitted by May 19
. To submit your video, please go to www.usasaddleseatworldcup.org
• Grand Prize: Saddle from Freedman's Harness and Saddlery
• Second Prize: Kensington canvas and leather collection roller and overnight bag
• Third Prize: Saddle Seat World Cup jacket and polo and Freedman's Harness and Saddlery belt
Winners will be recognized at the 2014 Saddle Seat World Cup in Asheville, N.C. in July.
Please see Official Rules for additional requirements or contact Terra Schroeder at email@example.com