Saddle Seat World Cup Trials Applications Are Due September 3rd
RELEASE: August 28, 2013
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: USEF Communications Department
- Anyone interested in being on the 2014 US Saddle Seat World Cup Team has until Tuesday to take the first step. The United States Equestrian Federation is looking for 12 riders (five team members and one alternate for both the three- and five-gaited sections) to represent the United States in the prestigious international saddle seat equitation competition, and selection trials for the team will be held at William Woods University in Fulton, Missouri on December 7, 2013. Interested riders need to apply to be invited to the selection trials, and the deadline for submitting applications is September 3, 2013 (this coming Tuesday).
There will be no automatic bids for the 2014 trials.
Riders may submit an application online by following the steps below:
1. Visit https://www.usef.org/_AUAIFrames/Login/Default.aspx
2. Login with the ID and password you use to renew your membership
3. Click on the blue box in the upper left corner for "USEF Customer Account"
3. Scroll down to Disciplines
4. Select the link for Saddle Seat Equitation World Cup Application
5. Complete all areas
6. You may submit your application and upload your signed documents and video with ease through this link
All riders submitting an application must provide*:
1. Competed application
2. Application fee
3. Riding video
4. Signed copies of the USEF Code of Conduct
5. Release, Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Indemnification
*Reference letters are not required
Completed application packets and fees must be received electronically, by fax, or mail on or before September 3, 2013. USEF cannot make any exceptions to this deadline, as each application packet must be available to the Selectors for review shortly afterward.
The International Saddle Seat Equitation World Cup is a bi-annual competition with teams from as many as five countries competing for the coveted three- and five-gaited World Cup titles. The event features amateur athletes 14 years of age and older who compete for individual scores which ultimately accumulate toward a total team score. The athletes riding skills are truly tested by having to compete on unfamiliar horses. The competition was created to further growth and visibility of the saddle seat discipline on national and international levels. The Saddle Seat World Cup will be hosted by the United States in July of 2014 at the Blue Ridge Horse Show in Asheville, North Carolina.
If you have any questions, please contact any of the following USEF National Affiliates Staff Members:
Lori Nelson email@example.com
Terra Schroeder firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Mellenkamp email@example.com
The United States Equestrian Federation
Selection procedures for the US Saddle Seat Equitation World Cup Team
Tips for applicants