2013 Capital Challenge Prize List Now Available Online
RELEASE: August 8, 2013
Upper Marlboro, MD
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
– The 2013 Capital Challenge Horse Show (CCHS), presented by The Gochman Family, is pleased to announce that the 2013 prize list has been mailed out and the PDF is available for download on the official horse show website www.capitalchallenge.org. Entries should be submitted as soon as possible as space is limited, and they are taken on a first come, first served basis.
For those receiving a printed prize list in the mail, please be aware of a correction to the Equitation Weekend schedule on Saturday, September 28. The Future Hunters will not run on that day, instead it is the Equitation age division classes. A correct copy of the schedule can be found online at www.capitalchallenge.org
, on the Capital Challenge Facebook page, or in the Horse Show Office.
The Capital Challenge Horse Show will celebrate its 20th anniversary this year at Prince George’s Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD. The 2013 dates are Saturday, September 28, through Sunday, October 6. The show opens with the Equitation Weekend, presented by BigEq.com, and continues Monday, September 30, through Sunday, October 6, with the USEF “AA” rated event.
The Capital Challenge Horse Show has a great variety of competition, including the popular Developing Pro Rider Challenge and Future Hunter North American Championships on Wednesday, October 2. A Thoroughbred division has been added to the Future Hunters this year, and the TAKE2 Thoroughbred High-Point Hunter Award will be presented at CCHS.
Other features are the World Championship Hunter Rider (WCHR) Professional Finals on Friday, October 4, and the North American Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Challenge Cup on Saturday, October 5.
As always, the horse show is proud to join with the United States Hunter Jumper Association (USHJA) to present the year-end World Champion Hunter Rider (WCHR) classes and awards. New for 2013, the show is also very excited to host the presentation of the TAKE2 Thoroughbred High-Point Hunter Award.
Equitation Weekend will host the Taylor Harris Insurance Services (THIS) National Children’s Medal Finals on Sunday, September 29. The Ariat National Adult Medal Finals will be held on Friday, October 4. Following a yearlong qualification process, the nation’s top children’s and adult riders will ride through two rounds in an attempt to take their respective national titles.
In addition to the entry blank, also available for download are: the feed and bedding pre-order forms; stabling request forms; and the schedule of events. Also included are forms for the Biosecurity Protocols.
Regarding Biosecurity Protocols for horses arriving at Prince George's Equestrian Center, it is Mandatory that all horses have the following paperwork dated no earlier than September 22, 2013. Proper paperwork will need to be presented prior to horses unloading. Horses will not be allowed into their stalls until paperwork is presented.
1. A Statement of Health signed by a licensed veterinarian dated no earlier than September 22, 2013. It MUST certify that the horse has:
* Been enrolled in a regular and consistent program of vaccination against EHV – 1 and EHV-4 with the most recent booster being within 120 days (since July 6, 2013); * Has not shown symptoms of, nor been treated for, EHV – 1 and or EHV-4 within the past 28 days; and
* Has not been exposed to any horses that have been treated for or shown symptoms of EHV – 1 and or EHV-4 within the past 28 days.
2. A separate CCHS statement of health including a temperature log of the seven days prior to arrival for each horse, is required. A form for this purpose is available online at www.capitalchallenge.org.
Please check the Capital Challenge website prior to shipping for arrival procedures and any updated requirements and paperwork.