Modified Grand Prix : Richie Moloney Wins Top Honors in Bromont
RELEASE: July 28, 2013
AUTHOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Phelps Media Group, Inc. International
Richie Moloney and Slieveanorra - (Cealy Tetley)
- Irish rider Richie Moloney finishes in first place in the Modified Grand Prix event, on Saturday July 27 at the 38th edition of International Bromont.
Venezuelan course designer Leopoldo Palacios' course comprised many technical difficulties, as the participants' results reflect. Of the 34 pairs registered, none succeeded in executing a perfect round: the time allowed of 83 seconds combined with a highly challenging course resulted in no riders finishing on time could avoid jumping faults.
As the bars keep falling, it is evident that without a clear round, all the riders with only 4 jumping faults will come back for the jump-off, which is the case, incidentally, for American Christine McCrea and Quebec's François Lamontagne.
As the spectators are getting ready for a second round, Ireland's Richie Moloney gets in the ring on his mount Slieveanorra. Very carefully, using prudence, he overcomes the course's difficulties, but while he avoids jumping faults in this unique 1m45 event, he still gets over the time allowed. With only two more pairs to come, Richie Moloney and Slieveanorra keep their lead and end up winning first place in the Modified Grand Prix, offering $15,000 in prize money.
Results - Modified Grand Prix
1. Richie Moloney (IRL) / Slieveanorra 1, 85.74
2. Roberto Teran (COL) / ADC Chef Z 4, 77.02
3. Christine McCrea (USA) / Avenir 4,78.46
4. François Lamontagne (CAN) / Nature des Pierres 4, 79.14
5. Nicole Bellissimo (USA) / VDL Bellefleur 4, 81.37 6. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Quintello 4, 82.23
7. Jennifer Candele (CAN) / Naiade de Kergan 5, 83.61
8. Émilie Parent (CAN) / Rufus de violaines 8, 77.77
9. Susan Horn (CAN) / Vodka 8, 79.20
10. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Carmina 8, 79.71