Born: November 20, 1963
Hometown: Cazenovia, New York
Beezie Madden and Cortes 'C' (SusanJStickle.com)
Follow Beezie Madden: Facebook @beeziemadden
, Twitter @johnmaddensales
, Instagram @johnmaddensales
, Website www.johnmaddensales.com
Most Recent Highlights:
Won the O’Seven Priijs with Coach at CHIO Rotterdam
Placed third in the Gold Tour 4 Grand Prix CSI3* with Quister at the Baltica Equestrian Spring Tour
Team Silver in the $150,000 FEI Nations Cup with Simon at CSIO4* Wellington
Originally from Milwaukee, Wis., Beezie Madden has been riding since the age of three and received her first pony as a Christmas gift at age four. Madden rode throughout her childhood and competitively for Southern Seminary Junior College, in addition to playing basketball and softball, but riding was her true passion. She made her debut at Grand Prix, jumping’s highest level, in 1985 at age 22. For nearly three decades, Madden has represented the United States in the world’s most prestigious competitions, becoming the first American to break into the top three in show jumping's world rankings and was the first woman to pass the $1 million mark in earnings for show jumping. Madden has won the USEF Equestrian of the Year title four times, including back-to-back honors in 2006 and 2007 - the first rider ever to do so - and then again earning back-to-back honors in 2013 and 2014.
Though she is one of the most successful female equestrian athletes in U.S. history, Madden did not make her Olympic Games debut until 2004, but she made it a memorable one. Aboard Authentic, Madden aided the U.S. Team to a Team Gold medal. Two years later, the pair added Team and Individual Silver medals to its resume with outstanding performances at 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany. In 2008, Madden and Authentic garnered their second consecutive Team Gold medal at the Olympic Games, where they won an unbelievable jump-off to also pick up Individual Bronze.
Having competed in seven previous FEI World Cup™ Jumping Finals, Madden entered the 2013 Final with experience on her side and became only the fifth woman ever to win the Rolex/FEI World Cup Final crown with Simon.
In May of 2014, Madden was forced to sit on the sidelines for six weeks due to a broken collarbone. A fierce competitor, she returned to her winning ways just six weeks later, helping the U.S. to victory in the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup of Great Britain presented by Longines with Cortes ‘C’. The pair went on to represent the U.S. at the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games were they collected Team and Individual Bronze medals.
In addition to competing, Madden also runs a successful training and sales business with her husband, John, out of their Cazenovia, N.Y., and Wellington, Fla., bases.
• Team Gold in the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™, presented by Edge Brewing Barcelona with Breitling LS at CSIO4* Ocala
• Placed second in the $35,000 WEF Challenge Cup Round II during week two of the Winter Equestrian Festival 2 with Breitling LS
• Placed second in the $35,000 Ruby et Violette WEF Challenge Round VIII with Vanilla during week eight of the WEF
• Team Gold as part of the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team at the 100th Nations Cup of Germany with Cortes ‘C’
• Won the Longines King George V Gold Cup at CSIO5* Hickstead for the second consecutive year with Cortes 'C'
• Won the CP $1 Million Grand Prix FEI CSI5*, presented by Wells Fargo at HITS-on-the-Hudson with Simon
• Won the $150,000 Longines FEI World Cup Qualifier at Del Mar with Simon
• Won the $200,000 American Invitational presented by G&C Farm with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Won the Grand Prix of Mexico CSIO4* with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Team Gold as part of the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team at the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup of Great Britain presented by Longines at CSIO5* Hickstead with Cortes ‘C’
• Won the Longines King George V Gold Cup at CSIO5* Hickstead, becoming the first woman to ever do so, with Cortes ‘C’
• Team Gold as part of the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team at the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup presented by Longines at CSIO5* Dublin with Simon
• Team and Individual Bronze at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games with Cortes ‘C’, who was awarded Best Horse of the Games
• Won the Challenge Cup at the 2014 Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup Jumping Final as part of the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team
• Won the CP FEI World Cup Qualifier CSI4*-W at the National Horse Show with Cortes ‘C’
• Won the Canadian Pacific $1 Million Grand Prix FEI CSI5*, presented by Wells Fargo at HITS-on-the-Hudson with Simon
• Won the FEI World Cup Qualifier CSI3-W* presented by Spy Coast Farm at the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Team Gold as part of the U.S. Team at the Wellington Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup CSIO4* presented by G&C Farm with Simon
• Won the Rolex/FEI World Cup Jumping Final with Simon
• Won the Longines GCT Grand Prix of Chantilly with Cortes 'C'
• Won the FEI World Cup Qualifier CSI4*-W at the American Gold Cup with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Won in the Consolation Round of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup Final in Barcelona as part of the Hermès U.S. Show Jumping Team with Simon
• Won multiple classes during the Spruce Meadows Tournaments including: the Lafarge Cup CSI5* and the Akita Drilling Cup CSIO5* with Mademoiselle, Suncor Cup CSIO5* with Coral Reef Via Volo, and the Queen Elizabeth II Cup CSI5* with Simon
• Represented the U.S. at the London Olympic Games with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Team Gold as part of the U.S. team at the Wellington CSIO4* Nations Cup presented by G&C Farm Festival with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Won the Grand Prix of Valkenswaard CSI5* with Cortes ‘C’
• Won the Longines International Grand Prix of Rotterdam CSIO5* with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Team Gold and Individual Silver as part of the U.S. Team at the 2011 Pan American Games with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Team Gold as part of the U.S. Team at CSIO5* Spruce Meadows where she also won the CANA Cup with Coral Reef Via Volo
• Won the RBC Financial Cup and Esso Grand Prix CSI4*-W at Spruce Meadows with Coral Reef Via Volo